Huh?

Huh?
---> I'm Thirsty... where's the water... I thought this was a beach...ARE WE THERE YET? You call this a vacation? Are you nuts?

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Old Blog Entries Copied Here

Hi there... Well I got tired of messing with WordPress and thought I'd just take the easy route and use Google Blogger instead. I mean after a while it's more important to record my diary of thoughts and not focus on making shit pretty so here goes..  Below you'll find a copy of all my old WordPress postings. I thought I might as well move them here for old time sake so here goes:


Lots of Home Improvements This Week

Well, this week has been a busy one for me… When we bought the house 13 years ago the back porch came with an indoor outdoor carpet over the concrete and though it’s been very durable for many years it was beginning to have shredded and rotted areas.  I decided to pull it all up and clean up the glue areas followed by painting it gray with concrete stain that I’ve used throughout the years on other parts of the back yard.  Well it was truly a success and now it will be much easier to sweep and keep tidy. I also found this really cool spray paint from Krylon Called fusion. It has the ability to spray on plastic surfaces and it binds itself so that it doesn’t scratch off easily. I painted the terra-cotta colored  stairs with a gray and now they match the patio very closely.
Now, for the past three days, I’ve been working hard to finish painting my little bathroom that’s off the bedroom. I started this project about a year ago bought the custom mix paint which turned out to be a kelly green and also used a very very bright yellow for the trim. But with all the projects and stuff that we got involved in with the fish tank, there never seem to be enough time to work on my painting project. Well amazingly enough, it’s back in progress and so far it’s really coming along nicely. At 1st, I was nervous about the darkness of the green paint in so me and my friend Tom decided to go one shade higher and it was a damn good thing we did. My biggest fear was the fact that the room is so small and painting it with a dark green like Hunter green style would make it appear almost black in low lighting. So I guess all this turned out to be a really good thing.

Ready for the new year…

I’m really looking forward to the new year and all kinds of positive changes. I spent a week building my video legacy on my personal webpage and although it was a lot of work it seems to be a successful endeavor.
I’ll be really happy when Facebook gets their crap together because I’m really getting tired of all these changes that keep happening without any warning. I mean don’t get me wrong, change is good, but at some point it’s nice to at least know how to prepare for it and these guys don’t seem to put much effort into that phase of the changes.
Yesterday was also a big day for us as we purchased 45 gallon jugs of salt water for wins new aquarium which will contain his coral reef and  our existing fish.
Even though Cisco is no longer making the flip video camera it still works very well with my Macintosh and associated software. Now that I have a place to display what I have recorded I think it’s can be even more fun to access the stuff in the future. Sure it would be nice to put stuff on YouTube, but the problem there is you can’t post videos that are longer than about 20 min. and within a certain size ratio. To me it makes much more sense to store the stuff in a folder on my hosted website. There, I at least have the ability to download the entire site for clean backup and burn it on a DVD for future storage. Best of all, I don’t have to deal with all of their size limitations.
So I think is going to be kind of cool.
I also got an update to my DragonDictate software which allows me to type all the stuff out by simply talking into a microphone. Through the years it  has gotten very stable and you don’t have to spend hours training it like he used to. Kudos to the programmers.

Jingle Bells – Music Smells, Robin Laid an Egg

Ya know, about 12 years ago there was this wonderful company called MP3.COM had showcased weekly ‘indie’ groups and also had this magnificent thing called ‘Music Locker” where you shoved the original music CD into your computer and once verified, it put the music into your locker without wasting time uploading (assuming it was in their library already)
The iTunes MATCH system isn’t anything new but just history repeating itself. Sadly though, Yahoo and CNET took over MP3.COM and destroyed the concept. I used to love going out there to learn about new performers and get free songs. If i really liked them, I’d go back and purchase the entire album. But Noooo, the greedy bastards totally fucked up there. Believe it or not, I have music cuts from some artists that were killed in a plane crash before they went to production which you’ll never find in the music world today!! Not even on the P2P pirate areas either.
Most people on the effing radio today don’t even know how to play a genuine musical instrument without the fake loops from a computer riff. Worse, the scramming and whaling and Yo Yo Yo all sounds the same. Where’s the true emotion? Yeah like a song that doesn’t consist of lyrics that complain about how you did me wrong and what a piece of shit you are.. <sigh>
And why the fuck do they keep remaking an antique over and over and over and over again? How many versions of Silent Night do we need till someone figures out how to write “Silent Morning” instead? Oh that’s right.. it’s easier to Copy than to Invent right?

Our 2011 Xmas Newsletter

2011 Family Newsletter


This is our annual XMAS 2011 Newsletter that we sent to all our friends. It’s posted here for those we don’t have updated addresses for.


2011 Family Newsletter


Aren’t there other geeks out there?

All these years I always wondered how there could be so many OSX and iDevice owners out there but none of them knew how to make a friggin web page. Even with the free goddamn iWeb program built into OSX iLife. They could figure out how to use FaceBook but ask them if they have their own site and they haven’t a clue.  So let’s see…  if you’re not producing movies, and/or managing photos and not doing office stuff, this just about leaves social web sites no?
Geez, I’m 50 years old and figured I’d be left in the dust by now when it comes to new creative and artistic stuff.. but ask these bozos to write a complete grammatical sentence and they can’t even do that in high school. Then, offer to mentor and teach and there’s no interest in learning.  Wow… Ok.. it’s not disrespectful, it’s just MEH, of no interest to them.  I wonder what this means for their future.
So all of our factories go over seas and nothing new gets done here except lots of complaining while 3rd world countries make the toilet paper we wipe our asses with. Wow, such a concept huh?  For 35 years, Bic pen made their famous Bic lighters in Milford, CT the same two form factors. Today, Bic has come out with a new “Bic Click” with a total new look and guess what? It’s made in Spain not Milford Connecticut. My mother worked for the goddamn company for 30 years and now she’s retired.  So should I be angry at Bic for this?  Nope..  They had ideas and they made them come true even though they couldn’t afford to do it in the USA.  Would kids today want to work in a factory making Bic lighters?  Yeah right, Dream On !!!

Today’s projects. Woo Hoo

Rise and shine at 7:45 and brrrr is it cold outside…  Damn, I’m so proud of all the work I’ve done on my website fixing things and getting it all in order. Today I have an stranger project. I’m going to retrofit my new Cuisinart 14-cup food processor so that I can lift the large feed tube and put things inside without disengaging the safety lock.  Why? cuz it’s a pain in the ass trying to find little cucumbers that you don’t have to cut in half when trying to make thin slices and no, I’m not stupid enough to tick my fingers in with the blades when it’s running. This puppy is way bigger than my Kitchen Aid but the safety features make it less useful and I’m devising a plan to change that.

Twas two weeks before Christmas


Kitchen Office

So here I am sitting in my kitchen on my MacBook Air farting around fixing broken links on my personal website and realize that there was a shitload of broken things for almost a year that nobody ever brought to my attention.. Not even family members (but most of them are purely addicted to Facebook so who can blame them?)
In any case.. now that me and Wynn moved most of our stuff off the Windows Server platform and onto LINUX Apache instead (which probably doesn’t mean Jack Shit to you) I thought it was high time I focus on my creative legacies and clean up things.  Since I now use RapidWeaver for my web design and store the master files in my DropBox account I can use any of the computers in my home and not be tied to only one.   I was even somewhat surprised that my hubby didn’t pick up on some of the broken things either but these days, he’s been so busy with writing two queer romance novels and also his price and joy coral reef in the bedroom which has had it’s share of SNAFUs leaks and stuff.
I guess the majority of all this started when I canceled my OaklawnM4M google account which had ties to many of the web content using their free hosting stuff… Guess this teaches ya to make lots of backups and have back peddling breadcrumbs in the event you find yourself needing them later.
Well, I decided to use the blog thingy here in RapidWeaver as kind of a one stop shopping to hold all my goodies in one place using one system as much as possible so we’ll see..  Nobody reads this shit but me anyhow from what I can tell so no worries…
In the future I want to learn how to use WordPress for my blogging stuff but right now I don’t know if my brain has the energy to focus on learning something new from the ground up without spending countless hours or even days trying and testing and trying and testing and trying again etc…  Not with all the other cool stuff going on but maybe later.


No comments:

Post a Comment